Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
The easiest DIY French mani ever
How many times have you successfully painted your own nails? I’d guess probably around a gazillion. But how many times have you successfully done your own French manicure? I’d bet it sits somewhere between zero and half (you did manage to get the line looking good on a few nails, after all).
DIY French manis can be tricky, mainly when it comes to the white line at the top. All you need is a shaky hand or an involuntary sneeze to stuff you up. Thankfully, there’s a clever trick that’ll help you nail your French mani every single time. Pun totally intended.
But let’s start from the beginning.
1) On clean, bare nails, paint a coat of a sheer, pale pink nail polish. If you’re not a fan of pink, you can opt for a sheer beige or even a clear base coat. If the colour is too sheer, add another coat. Just remember you’re going for a subtle finish, not an opaque pastel one.
2) Wait for your nails to dry completely. Touch-dry won’t cut it, because if your nails aren’t 150 per cent dry, the next step won’t work and you’ll think I lied when I said this is a no-fail DIY French mani.
3) When your nails are seriously dry, grab the 1000 Hour Premium Nails French Manicure Tip Guides and stick one on each nail. The pack contains both curved and straight stickers, so take your pick. You’ll want to place the stickers just below the white area of your natural tip. Make sure the sticker is firmly stuck down and there are no bubbles or gaps.
4) Take an opaque white nail polish and paint the area between the sticker and the tip of your nail. Wait for it to dry. Again, this has to be really dry.
5) Once you’re absolutely certain that the white polish is dry, slowly peel back the Tip Guides.
6) Finish off with a topcoat for a) a beautifully glossy finish and b) to seal in the white tip colour.
And there you have it – the easiest, most no-fuss French mani you’ve ever done.
Have you used French manicure tip guides before? Have you ever had a DIY French manicure disaster?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...