How-to: Camilla Belle's plum pout perfection
There are three things undeniably right with this picture of Camilla Belle at the 2012 MET Gala:
1.) Her flawless, radiant-looking complexion.
2.) Her unmistakably sexy eye make-up and perfectly groomed brows.
3.) That oh-so decadent plum lip that screams “winter, come and get me!”
As is the case with most pictures I see of C-Belle, I was instantly enamoured when I clapped eyes on her MET Gala make-up creation. I simply had to know how to recreate the look for myself, so I called upon the help of our friends at ck one color, and got the step-by-step how to from Hung Vanngo, the official make-up artist for the brand and the one responsible for creating Camilla’s sassy, yet sophisticated red carpet look.
Here’s how you can recreate Camilla Belle’s make-up from the 2012 MET Gala…
- - Start by choosing a foundation that will provide an effortlessly flawless, radiant finish. Camilla wears ck one 3-in-1 face makeup in tan, which acts as a serum, primer and foundation in one.
- - Next, mix a subtle, pearlescent illuminator (like ck one skin illuminator in warm) with your foundation and apply over your face. For extra radiance, add a little more of the gel illuminator to the spots where the light naturally hits, such as the bridge of your nose and apples of your cheeks.
- - Minimise the appearance of blemishes and imperfections by using a lightweight concealer that blends into your foundation. We love ck one mousse concealer as its air-whipped texture blends seamlessly into your make-up without looking cakey.
- - To add a little colour to your cheeks, choose a bronzing product that you can build up gradually to achieve your desired finish. Camilla wears ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in warm glow, as well as a touch of ck one airlight pressed powder in tan below her cheekbones and around her jaw line.
- - To recreate Camilla’s eye make-up, apply a neutral shadow, like ck one eyeshadow base in prim, over your entire eyelid.
- - Next, define your top and lower lash line with ck one liquid eyeliner marker in good girl, before applying lashings of ck one mascara in show.
- - Finish your eye look by accentuating your brows with a brow powder or pencil in a shade slightly darker than your natural brow colour.
- - For lips that are the ultimate in plum perfection, layer a lip pencil, lipstick and gloss (in similar shades) over the top of each other, allowing one minute of drying time in between each layer. Camilla’s pout can be credited to a mix of ck one soft defining lip pencil in gossip, ck one lipstick in smooch, and ck one lipgloss in mad.
Which make-up look are you loving for the colder months?