Get the (winning) look: Golden Globes gorgeous
If you’re anything like me, then you’ve always suspected that celebrities must have hours upon hours of make-up application before an event as big as the Golden Globes. How couldn’t they? How else do you explain the gorgeously glowing skin, the line free complexions, and the highlighter that looks like it was brushed on by fairies using pixie dust?
The secret, beauties, is a brand called NVEY ECO. They’ve been mingling with the stars at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards this week, spreading the word on organic beauty and leaving their green footprint all over the red carpet. We were lucky enough to grab Claire McDonald, Head Make-up Artist for NVEY ECO, so that she could show us how to achieve Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) and Michelle Williams’ (My Week with Marilyn) winning make-up looks. Check it out…
To get Sofia's fresh, dewy look:
- Opt for a moisturising foundation applied with a soft foundation brush to ensure even, smooth coverage that nourishes your skin as you wear it.
- Blot your t-zone area with a mattifying powder to get rid of any unwanted shine. A transparent neutral shade is best to avoid altering your foundation colour.
- For Sofia's smoky, yet defined eyes, start with a light eyeshadow base that covers your whole eyelid, before applying a warm chocolate brown on your crease starting from your inner eye and sweeping it toward the end of the eyebrow.
- Follow your bottom lash line with a slick of dark brown eyeliner, using an angled brush for a sharper finish.
- Accentuate the look with bold lashes lathered with a volumising black mascara.
- Use a pale, soft pink blush over the apples of your cheeks, sweeping it up toward your temple.
- Finish the look with a creamy, deep fuchsia lipstick.”¨Hint: a light, shimmery eye shadow can be used over the cheeks after blush is applied to highlight and soften the area.
NVEY ECO Moisture Rich Fluid Foundation, $49.95
NVEY ECO Powder Blush in 955, $29.95
NVEY ECO Volumising Mascara in Black, $29.95
NVEY ECO Eye Shadow in 168 (Taupe), 153 (Brown) & 170 (Dark Brown), $29.95
NVEY ECO High Definition Cake Eyeliner in Black, $29.95
NVEY ECO Advanced Care Lip Colour in 372, $29.95
What do you think of this look?
Who had your favourite beauty look from the awards?